Truly Natural Vitamin C
The vitamin C in Health Force Acerola Cherry Powder comes from whole-food sources. Acerola is a tart cherry native to South America, southern Mexico, and Central America, but is now also being grown as far north as Texas and in other subtropical areas such as India. Acerola cherries are known to be low in calories, while being exceptionally rich in vitamin C. In fact, each single acerola cherry has 65 times more vitamin C than an orange. Eating as few as 2-3 cherries is sufficient to fulfill daily vitamin C requirements. Acerola cherries are also high in B vitamins, carotenoids and bioflavonoids, and alkalizing minerals specifically magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and calcium.
Most importantly, all the vitamin C in acerola cherries is richly complex with all the necessary cofactors to produce functional vitamin activity in our body without any unpleasant side effects. Truly Natural Vitamin C does NOT produce any nutrient imbalances in our body. It is easily absorbable, does not produce yellow urine, and is naturally buffered with alkalizing minerals present in the micronutrient-rich acerola food matrix. Food sources of the entire vitamin C complex are the only way to get nutrition as nature intended.
Vitamin C has a number of important functions in our body:
- Essential for the production of adrenal steroid hormones. Our bodys highest levels of vitamin C are found in our adrenal glands and brain tissues.
- Required for the synthesis of collagen, the main component of connective tissue, and the most abundant protein in mammals. Collagen is an important structural component of skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bone, blood vessels, teeth, gums, heart valves, cornea, capillaries, intervertebral discs, and the GI tract.
- Plays an important role in the synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter known to affect mood.
- Required for the synthesis of carnitine essential for the efficient burning of fat for energy in our body's cells.
- Plays an important role in immune system function, particularly in enhancing white blood cell activity.
- The major water-soluble antioxidant in our body, protecting important molecules such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, DNA, and RNA from damage by free radicals.
- Has the ability to regenerate other spent antioxidants (e.g., vitamin E, glutathione) back into their active forms.
Acerola Cherry Fruit Extract
Camu Camu Berry Fruit
Amla Berry Fruit
Tapioca Starch (drying medium for the Acerola)